Can I visit your boarding facilities before I bring my dog?
I’m boarding my dog. What can we expect?
- Devotion to your pet—to his or her health and happiness
- Trained and qualified staff
- Safe and secure facilities
- Clean kennel units
- Indoor, climate-controlled boarding
- Healthy food and treats; your dog’s preferred diet is recommended
- Regular walks and exercise
- Vaccinations, flea & tick control, and intestinal parasite screening, if not up-to-date
- Boarding Check-In Form
We are devoted to your dog’s overall health care. So dog boarding at Northeast Animal Hospital is like child care at your pediatrician’s clinic! We make every effort to provide individual attention to your pet, whether he or she boards with us for a day, a week, or more.
To make the check-in process as quick and easy as possible, please download and complete our Boarding Check-In Form before your visit. We recommend that you email or fax the completed form to us ahead of time. If you have any questions, or would like to tour our facilities, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Please call today to make a reservation, and ask us about extra care.
What should I know about boarding my dog?
- Multiple boarding areas allow us to separate canines of different sizes, which helps alleviate fear and stress
- Meals consist of a high quality, scientifically formulated diet (Science Diet Sensitive Stomach), but it is recommended that you bring your dog’s own food since pets can experience gastrointestinal upset with sudden changes in diet
- Current medication should be dispensed according to your veterinarian’s recommendation, so please bring your dog’s medication with you
- Treatments, including vaccinations [Canine Influenza (H3N8 and H3N2), DA2PP, Bordetella (within 6 months), Intestinal Parasite Screening (within 6 months), Leptospirosis (L4), and Rabies], flea & tick control, and intestinal parasite screening, must be up-to-date; otherwise, these services will be provided upon arrival at additional cost
- Bedding material is not used, unless we can determine that separation anxiety won’t cause destructive behavior (if so determined, we prefer to use our own bedding material to eliminate any risk of damage to your own)
- Baths are always available, but if your dog boards with us for 7 nights or more, we are happy to provide a bath for free
- Extra Care, which includes extra walks, extra feeding, or just extra attention, is available for an additional fee of $6.00
We appreciate your understanding of the policies we have implemented in order to provide the highest, healthiest level of care, and the most positive dog boarding experience.
How much does dog boarding cost?
Day boarding is $14.50 per day
|Kennel Unit||Length||Width||Height||Price Per Night|
|Canine Small Suite||28″||15″||16″||$16.50|
|Canine Medium Suite||28″||28″||28″||$17.70|
|Canine Large Suite||29″||28″||28″||$18.80|
|Canine Medium Condo||40″||32″||32″||$19.80|
|Canine Large Condo||5-9′||8′||8′||$20.95|
We know dogs are happier and healthier if they have all-day care and playful companions. If your dog needs day care while you work, we also recommend the Day Care service at Pets In The City, our sister practice located in downtown St. Petersburg.