Can a cat wellness plan really save me money?
Should I get a wellness plan for my cat?
- Your cat’s medical and nutritional needs will change over time, which requires regular monitoring of your cat’s health.
- Routine visits to the vet can help us find health problems before they become life-threatening.
- Many owners neglect the care of their cat’s teeth because of difficulties involved in a cat’s dental care.
- Many owners wait until their cat has irreversible dental problems before they take their cat to the vet.
- You don’t have to pay regular prices for your cat’s routine health care; just regular monthly payments that help save you money.
A wellness plan is a great way to budget for your pet’s health care. You’ll know how much you will pay for an entire year of preventative care. Plus, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes from knowing your cat is getting regular checkups and vaccinations.
Unlike insurance, which requires you to pay for services that you may never use, a wellness plan allows you to pay for all of your pet’s necessary annual vaccinations and tests, in 12 affordable payments. This preventative approach to wellness can also help you avoid high costs of medical treatment by helping us detect and avert new health problems through routine exams and dental cleanings.
Here’s A Tip: When you pay in full the first year of a Wellness Plan, we will waive the $99.95 initial membership fee!
What are the benefits of a cat wellness plan?
- A comprehensive physical exam
- All necessary vaccinations (1 set for adults; up to 4 sets for kittens)
- Vaccine warranty
- Dental prophylaxis and cleaning (for adults on our Gold or Platinum Plan)
- Spay or neuter surgery (for kittens 1 year or younger on our Gold Plan)
- De-worm/hook & round worms (for kittens; 3 treatments)
- Intestinal parasite fecal exam (2 exams)
- Feline leukemia/AIDS test
- Blood pressure test
- Complete blood count (for adults)
- Free, unlimited office calls with a technician
- Complimentary nail trims
- $10 co-pay for scheduled exams
- $40 co-pay for after hours ER exam at BluePearl Veterinary Partners (Tampa Bay Area)
- $40 co-pay for Initial Specialty Exam at BluePearl Veterinary Partners (Tampa Bay Area)
- Additional benefits depending on the level of care (see our Wellness Plan Booklet)
These annual benefits are available for adult cats in three levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Available levels for kittens include Silver and Gold. Choose the level of care that is right for you and your pet. For more information, please download our Wellness Plan Booklet (PDF, 3.4MB).
A wellness plan provides these veterinary services for one year, and you can change the level of care as the need arises at the renewal date. Pets must be healthy to enroll in a wellness plan. Kittens must be at least 8 weeks old to enroll. They must be 1 year old or younger in order for all vaccinations, tests, and surgical procedures to be covered under a kitten plan.
Routine prevention through a wellness plan is convenient and affordable. Northeast Animal Hospital is pleased to provide wellness plans…to help you plan for your cat’s basic health needs and their (lower!) costs. Please call us, or come in, to learn more.